If you’ve been staring in the mirror looking at healthy but discolored or stained teeth, then we can provide an easy and highly effective solution.
Professional teeth whitening, also known as bleaching, gives patients faster and more long-lasting results. Our dental professionals also customize the bleaching solution and treatment time to meet your specific needs and goals.
For most patients, it’s a simple matter of choosing between in-office teeth whitening and at-home whitening treatments. To help make the decision, take a look at the benefits of each.
Benefits of In-Office Teeth Whitening
- Faster results: In-office teeth whitening is usually faster and more effective than at-home teeth whitening. The procedure can usually produce noticeable results in just one visit, which can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
- Customization: During an in-office teeth whitening treatment, the dental professional can customize the bleaching solution and treatment time to meet your specific needs and goals.
- Professional supervision: In-office teeth whitening is performed by a trained dental professional who can closely monitor the procedure and make any necessary adjustments to ensure the best possible results.
- Immediate results: You will see immediate results after an in-office teeth whitening treatment.
- Safe and effective: In-office teeth whitening is a safe and effective way to brighten your smile. The dental professional will take steps to protect your gums and other soft tissues during the procedure.
- Long-lasting results: The results of in-office teeth whitening can last for several months to a year, depending on your oral hygiene habits and other factors.
Overall, in-office teeth whitening is a convenient and effective way to achieve a brighter, more youthful smile.
Benefits of At-Home Whitening
- Convenience: At-home teeth whitening allows you to whiten your teeth on your own time and in the comfort of your own home.
- Affordability: At-home teeth whitening is generally more affordable than in-office teeth whitening.
- Customization: Some at-home teeth whitening kits come with customizable trays that can be shaped to fit your teeth perfectly, allowing for more precise and effective treatment.
- Gentle on teeth and gums: At-home teeth whitening products usually contain weaker bleaching agents, which can be gentler on teeth and gums, particularly for those with sensitive teeth or gums.
- Easy to maintain: At-home teeth whitening kits provide instructions for maintaining your results, and you can touch up your smile as needed with maintenance treatments.
In-Office Teeth Whitening vs At-Home Whitening
There are pros and cons to both in-office teeth whitening and at-home teeth whitening.
In-office teeth whitening, also known as professional teeth whitening, is usually faster and more effective than at-home teeth whitening. The procedure is performed by a dentist or dental hygienist and involves using a stronger bleaching agent and a specialized light or laser to accelerate the whitening process. In-office teeth whitening can usually produce noticeable results in just one visit, which can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
At-home teeth whitening, on the other hand, is a slower process and typically involves the use of a weaker bleaching agent. At-home kits come in the form of gels, strips, or trays that are applied to the teeth for a prescribed amount of time each day. The length of treatment varies, but it is usually recommended to use at-home teeth whitening products for at least two weeks to see significant results.
In-Office Teeth Whitening in Farmington, CT
Overall, the best option for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. If you want faster and more dramatic results, in-office teeth whitening may be the way to go.
Professional teeth whitening is long-lasting, but you can help extend the time between appointments by brushing and flossing regularly, rinsing your mouth after consuming any stain-causing foods or beverages, and having a professional cleaning twice per year.
You can also use an at-home whitening kit when your teeth first start to appear duller but keep in mind that it is not nearly as powerful as professional whitening.